AD-402 FIPS 201-2 Integration-ready Wireless Electronic Lock Overview
AD-402 locks communicate by 900 MHz wireless technology to the PIM400, operating independently of the IT network. For real-time connectivity and lockdown, the PIM400 is wired to the access control panel (ACP) by RS-485.
Any lock intended for use in a Government facility that is required to meet the FIPS 201-2 standard must be part of an integrated Physical Access Control Software (PACS) providers’compliant solution. Access control features and capabilities will vary by PACS providers’ integration capabilities. The Government approved products list will show which providers have achieved listing and the products supported.
Features & Benefits
- Electronics bring more visibility and control to the opening
- Real-time communication with centralized lockdown capability
- Unique communication protocols that won’t interfere with other wireless networks
- Secure encrypted data transmission
- FIPS 201-2 integration-ready with dual authentication PIV and PIV-I compatibility
- Open architecture platform makes AD Series easier for PACS providers to integrate
- A single PIM400 (sold separately) connected to the Access Control Panel (ACP) can support up to 16 locks depending on the PACS solution capabilities
- Works with same credential used on the building perimeter
- Integrated design combines electrified lock, credential reader, request-to-exit and request-to-enter sensors, door position switch and tamper switch
- Smart credentials can be used for vending and other applications
- Non-invasive wireless installation