Multi-Technology Smart Card Readers Overview
The multi-technology readers accept Schlage MIFARE Classic® and MIFARE® DESFire® EV1, EV2 and EV3 smart credentials as well as most proximity and smart cards from other manufacturers.
Special Note: As of September 2017, all aptiQ and XceedID readers transitioned to the Schlage brand. Although the brand name has changed, all part numbers and products remain the same. Forward and backward compatibility does not change and products may be used interchangeably.
Features & Benefits
- Reads 125 kHz proximity and 13.56 MHz smart credentials – MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus® and MIFARE® DESFire® EV1, EV2 and EV3 as well as card serial number (CSN) of other manufacturer’s smart credentials
- Wiegand and RS-485 output available for simple interface with most access control panels
- Compatible with NFC-open smart phones using Schlage or aptiQ mobile credentials
- There are 7 available models to fit any need (keypad, magnetic stripe)
- Compatible with Schlage, aptiQ and other industry manufacturers’ credentials
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Accommodates interior, exterior, metal and non-metal installation environments
- Quick-connect cable allows for easy installation
- Easy-to-install mounting bracket